This page contains general resources concerning pain and chronic pain. For more specific information regarding CAPPS related conditions see our Info & Resources page.
Associations & Organizations
- American Academy of Pain Management
Clinical Trials for Chronic Pain
- The Patient Care Partnership: replacing the AHA's Patients' Bill of Rights. This plain language brochure informs patients about what they should expect during their hospital stay with regard to their rights and responsibilities.
- Chronic-Intractable Pain and You: Information and support for patients with chronic pain of all types. After free registration, site is private to provide conducive atmosphere for patients and their families.
Pain Programs, Research and Resources within US Federal Agencies
- ACTTION Analgesic Clinical Trial Translations, Innovations, Opportunities, and Networks (ACTTION) - a public-private partnership with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Department of Defense Pain Management Force
- Department of Veterans Affairs Pain Management
- IPRCC - Interagency Pain Research Coordinating Committee - a coordinating committee with representatives from NIH, CDC, NIH, AHRQ, Department of Defense, Department of Veteran Affairs in addition to non-government scientific and patient advisors.
- Institute of Medicine, a division of the National Academies Report: